Making your site to become multilingual can broaden your audience thus increase traffic; your site shouldn’t be confined to a single language especially when the product and content that you have is designed for different communities.
As such, Google Team filmed a video that will equip you with more details regarding expanding your site to more languages or country based language variations. The video looks at rel=”alternate” hreflang and potential implementation on you multilingual and/or multinational site.
Video URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ce9jv91beQ
It’s up to the user to go through the entire video clip or rather select segment that appeals them most; below are some of the sections covered in the video:
- Potential search issues with international sites
- Questions to ask within your company before beginning international expansion
- International site use cases
- rel=”alternate” hreflang and hreflang=xdefault”:details and implementation
- Best practices
Some of the additional resources users will obtain on hreflang are as follows:
- Webmaster Help center article on rel=”alternate” hreflang and hreflang=”x-default
- More blog posts
- Webmaster discussion forum FAQ on internationalization
- Webmaster discussion forum for internationalization