Having your site blocked can disrupt your business and halt its progress. At times your content can be corrupted such that your audience or customers can be deceived by such information. Fortunately giant search engine, Google, designed an hour of videos dedicated to helping webmasters in the unfortunate event that their site is compromised.
While Google has made efforts to rectify challenges encountered by site owners, all the above tasks remain fairly difficult for site owners save if they have advanced knowledge of system administrator commands and experience with source code.
How to avoid needing assistance if your site is hacked
To potentially avoid having your site hacked you should adhere to the below guidelines from Google:
- Be vigilant about keeping software updated
- Understand the security practices for all applications, plugins, third-party software, etc., before you install them on your server. A security vulnerability in one software application can affect the safety of your entire site
- Get rid of unnecessary or unused software
- Enforce creation of strong passwords
- Keep all devices used to log in to your servers secure (updated operating system and browser)
- Make regular, automated backups of your site
Anyone who requires help on hacked sites, should kindly visit www.google.com/webmasters/hacked.