Have been longing for an updated Webmaster Tools API? Well, the Webmaster Tools team has come up with the new API which is consistent with other Google APIs. The new development will make it easier to authenticate for apps or web services let alone provide access to some of the main features of Webmaster Tools.
Users who have used other Google APIs will find getting started with new Webmaster Tools API easier. There are such examples for Python, Java as well as OACurl. The newly launched API enables users to perform the following functions:
- List, add or remove sites from their account (a user can have up to 500 sites in their account)
- List, add, or remove sitemaps for their websites
- Get warning, error, and indexed counts for individual sitemaps
- Get a time series of all kinds of crawl errors for their site
- List crawl error samples for specific types of errors
- Mark individual crawl errors as fixed (this does not change how they are processed but rather help to simplify the UI for users)