Male Ohye, a Developer programs Tech Lead at Google’s Webmaster Tools filmed a video to assist users to avoid common mistakes webmasters face with regard to search engine optimization. Before creating a video, Ohye gathered information from their (Webmaster Tools) readers regarding their (readers) SEO recommendations resulting to an update of the Help Center article.
Some of the advice that they received from their readers back in 2008 still holds today and here’s to more years ahead of building a great site.
Video URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AmRg3p79pM
You should avoid the following common mistakes:
- Having no value proposition: Try not to presume that site should rank #1 without asking why it’s useful to searchers.
- Segmented approach: Be cautious of setting SEO-related objectives devoid of making sure they’re aligned with your company’s overall objectives and the goals of other departments.
- Time consuming workarounds: Keep away from implementing a hack rather than researching new features or best practices that could simplify development.
- Caught in SEO trends: Think of spending less time obsessing about the latest “trick” to increase your rankings rather concentrating on the basic tasks that will bring lasting visitors.
- Slow iteration: Strive to be active rather than promoting an environment where the infrastructure.
Here are some of the six fundamental tips you should adhere to:
- Do something cool by making sure your site stands out from the competition in a good way
- Include relevant words in your copy by putting yourself in the shoes of searchers; what would they want to search/
- Be smart about your tags and site architecture
- Attract buzz on your site
- Sign up for email forwarding in Webmaster Tools to help them communicate with you especially when they notice something awry with your site
- Stay fresh and relevant by keeping your content up to date and consider options such as building a social media presence.